Thursday, May 14, 2009

[-Chapter 4-]

Kailyn's POV


I sit at my normal table, studying away even though it's New Years Eve. Some professors have no mercy.. I glance up from my computer screen for the first time in what seems like hours, and am not at all surprised when I see a figure slinking into the coffee shop, "our" coffee shop I suppose, with a hat pulled down low, going for inconspicuous I guess. I can't stop the smile from crossing my face as he makes his way over to me. In fact, I haven't been able to the last few times he's stopped by over the past couple of weeks, at least when he's home that is. Even when he's away, we share frequent conversations through texting, and even though I normally get annoyed with people who bother me when I'm busy, that thought has never once applied to him.


"No New Years plans?" he asks while sliding into the booth across from me.


"Test.." I answer while pointing to the books stacked around me.


"You always have some test," he says while laughing and shaking his head. "You couldn't take one night off to celebrate the new year?"


"Some celebrations are foolish," I say while shrugging my shoulders, but he just continues to stare at me as if he thinks I'm completely foolish. "Why?"


"New Years is a big deal.."


"Mhmm.." I reply sarcastically while shaking my head, prompting him to continue.


"People have this idea that when the clock strikes twelve, something monumental is going to happen, so you put on the goofy little hat and you sing a song that nobody really understands the lyrics to and wait for lightning to strike."


Kris's POV


I know that tonight I could have went out with the guys, but I knew exactly where I wanted to be, and that would be in this sub-par coffee shop, with her.


"Yeah, and if you don't have a date or a party to go to you must be some loser. People spend weeks planning for this, right? And then 9 times out of 10, you just end up kissing some drunk stranger and looking around the room wondering 'why is everyone having so much fun?'" she continues, following my lead. This is what I love about her.. she doesn't think like a million of other girls out there. She is unique..

"The new years comes and goes and you look at yourself in the mirror, and you look exactly like you did the night before, except you have a massive hangover the next day.." I laugh.


"Exactly," she says while raising her arms for emphasis. She looks so cute when she's proven the point she was making.. "What about you, what's your story? No plans?"


"Mid-season.. and I'm not much of a drinker anyways. And plus, there is this girl at this coffee-shop I kind of like to be around."

Kailyn's POV

I love how to a person on the outside of our little games would think we are being completely vague, when in reality we are really having an in-depth conversation.

"Really now..?" I ask, that same smile creeping into my expression as I reach for my drink, more to keep my hands busy than quench my thirst.

"Mhmm, something like that," he returns with a small chuckle. "There actually is a reason I stopped in tonight though."

"And?" I prompt, trying not to let my excitement show or get the better of me.

"And, we play in Vancouver tomorrow. You should come." I nearly choke on my latte as the words roll out of his mouth. "If you want to that is," he adds, probably not wanting to pressure me into anything.

I sit and run the offer through my mind. I know that things are pretty busy for me right now, but yet I can't help myself... he looks so adorable sitting there trying to look patient.. "I'm Canadian, do you honestly think I'm going to turn down an offer to a hockey game?"

"I was hoping that leverage would help me, yes.." he laughs. "Come on, it's getting late. I'll take you home," he continues before grabbing my books, and I actually let him before following him out to his car.

3 comments:

  1. aw thats a cute chapter! they're definitely making progress! i can't wait for new chapters from both stories! i love reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are SO cute! :) More soon, please!

    And he just never fails to make me swoooooooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh I just came across your story tonight
    it's so cute, and you're doing a great job of portraying kristopher! I could't stop smiling!! :)

    great job, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete